1. How do you determine the price for Household and Home Shifting ?
Ans: The pricing depends on the following factors :-
1. Items to be Shifted:- The more the items, the higher the cost. Normally the transporter will charge you for a full truckload even if the items to be shifted are less than a truckload. Hence, it is important to talk to the transporter first and find out the load of the truck that will be used for transportation.
2. Distance to be Covered:- The more the distance, the higher the cost.
3. Day of Shifting:- Like any business, the Home Shifting industry also has its peak and low seasons. Peak season (Feb - July) quotes will be higher than off peak season rates.
2. Should we book different companies for packing and moving separately, or one company for both?
Ans: It is strongly advised to go with only one company for both packing and moving. This is to ensure 100% responsibility of that company in transporting your goods safely. With different companies for packing and moving, in case of any breakage during transportation, none of the companies will take responsibility for the damage.
3. Are there any circumstances that could cause delay in my delivery ?
Ans: While all auto shifting companies try to their best to stick to the time schedule they mentioned, but in case of uncontrollable circumstances, if there is any delay then a company official will get in touch with you.
4. Can I track my vehicle while it’s in route ?
Ans: Tracking of your items while enroute depends on whether the transporter that you have chosen has Online tracking system or not. Most of the bigger transport companies have this tracking nowadays.
5. What if there is damage to my vehicle during auto transportation?
Ans: But in the case of damage- Inform the auto carrier as soon as possible, keep your insurance documents ready, if possible take estimate of the cost of work to be done to get your vehicle back in shape.
6. Are there different types of vehicle transport to choose from? Is there a difference in the cost of open air and enclosed transport options ? Which should I choose ?
Ans: There are different type of vehicle transportation services. You can choose from open and enclosed trailer options. The difference between the two is- Open air trailers are open trucks or carriers. These are the most common modes of auto transport and are economical. On the other hand, enclosed carriers are trucks or trailers which have facility to carry your vehicle inside a cover. This can save your car from rain, dust, snow and other natural conditions. This is an expensive mode of auto transport and is generally the choice of those when an expensive car, sports car is to be moved.
7. Which all vehicles can I transport?
Ans: You can transport any vehicle that you wish to move, be it a car, bike or bicycle.
8. How do I choose the best auto carrier service ?
Ans: You can ask for multiple no obligation quotes from auto carrier services and compare the same. You can read reviews of the customers of such vehicle transportation companies. You can also see other additional services that the auto carrier is providing like insurance, freight quotes etc.
9. What do I do if I don't like the services of a relocation service I choose ?
Ans: If you are not satisfied with a relocation service that you choose then you can complain about them. You can also give them a negative rating on our site and share your frank opinion on why they were not good.